Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Broome Daze, Part 3

Chloe can spot a playground a mile away. She also has a major swing addiction...stems from too much swinging in her mechanical swing as an infant, I think. She found this little girl to push her for ages. I overheard Chloe say to the little girl "I Chloe. I on holiday." Cracked me up!

Day 3 we headed to the Malcolm Douglas Crocodile Farm. Ol Malcolm was "The Original Crocodile Hunder." He was wrestling crocs when the late Steve Irwin was still in grade school...so they say. This croc farm was pretty impressive.
Yikes.
At the end of the tour we got to hold a baby crocodile. It had it's little mouth rubber banded together so it couldn't bite. Even with that, the little guy snapped his head towards me and I jumped sky high and let out a huge scream. I basically threw him into the arms of the closest bystander and Chloe let out a blood curling cry. She was sobbing and pointing to the baby croc. When she finally calmed down we figured out that she wasn't crying because she was scared, she was crying because she wanted "more crocodile!!!!" She's a funny girl. If I didn't birth her myself I would question she was mine. Hee hee.
Pretty gross, eh? Some drunk dude got kicked out of a nearby bar a couple weeks ago and decided to jump in this guy's cage and take a ride. The croc "Fatso" bit his leg in the process. Awhile later it became infected and he eventually lost his leg. How drunk/stupid to you have to be to jump into a crocodile cage?
We had fun at the croc farm! It was a much better experience than the alligator farm in Florida circa 1988 when I fainted after I read a sign stating that the mother alligator in the cage had eaten her own babies.






5 comments:

Jessica said...

This is so mean of me, but I did giggle a little at your fainting upon reading the sign about the momma alligator eating her babies. You are really the sweetest person! :)

Kelly said...

I have to admit I found that bit amusing as well. Chloe begs for more croc and you faint from print??? You are right, it;s a good thing you were there at the birth;)

Brynn Hodder said...

Thank for sharing about your adventure. Looks like quite an experience. Isn't Chloe girl a little precious sweetie in her cute piggies? I could just eat her up. Wish you lived closer! Someday...we hope to make the trip cross country to Perth!

Carolyn said...

Ok, now those freak me out. They are everywhere in Charleston where Art's from and I was terrified. Chloe is brave!

Mom said...

i would have loved to see you tossing the baby croc and chloe screaming for more! and yes the memory of you fainting at the croc farm in florida is still very vivid. chloe has had more adventures in her short little life than most teens have had!