A few weeks ago (see...always catching up) Marc bounded out of bed around 5:15 am. He started packing beach bags and getting towels ready. I did not share his excitement for getting to the beach by 6 am for the Rottnest Channel Swim.
But....once we were there I was happy to see all the action. It is one of those times where it really hits what a special place we live in.
Hundreds of crazy swimmers geared up to swim 20 kilometers in frigid, shark invested, Indian Ocean, waters from Cottesloe Beach to Rottnest Island. (okay maybe not frigid and shark infested but chilly and there have been 2 fatal shark attacks between here and there in the past year!)
There goes the crazies!
They swam in heats and this was the red group. The last wave of swimmers went at 7:15. So the early birds did catch the worm!
Chloe's gotten really good at her spelling!
Hee hee.
It was a very special morning to cheer on our local athletes. I am so glad we went.
Speaking of athletes...a friend has recently convinced me to join her and a few others to train with a personal trainer once a week. I curse her name as I am taking part but after feel so good. We are also beginning to run once a week and will take part in a Breast Cancer run (4k) next month.
Momma's gotta start small....



1 comments:
You go!!!!! Hot gorgeous mama! I love and miss you soooooo much all the days of my life!!!!!
Post a Comment