Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Gas We Pass


Poor little Chloe. I don't know if it how she eats, the food I eat, or just the unluck of having two tooty parents....but our little girl is FULL OF BEANS! Gas is the main culprit of Chloe's existence. She can go days without an attack, but when it hits- it hits hard! At first we don't know what is wrong with her...she is fed, clean, napped. But then...as we are holding her, rocking her and shushing her we hear it rip! A force that strong in such a small, little stomach has got to hurt like crazy.

Such was the case today. I was basking in the joy of her napping in her crib for the 2nd day in a row when after only 45 minutes she woke crying. What?! What happened to the three hours of bliss from yesterday? As soon as I realized what was wrong I immediately lamented the fact that I had just wolfed down 6 Tyson's Spicy Buffalo Wings for lunch (yes- I need to go grocery shopping!). I would "pump and dump" the next couple hours but I am way too stingy with my milk reserve to dump any at all. So sorry, Chloe my love. I will hold you until this passes...and I mean that literally as well.

1 comments:

Mary said...

I wouldn't pump and dump either! I only did that one time and oh it PAINED me to let it go. Poor Chloe! I guess she's just got to let it out. By the way, how did you find Janis? She sounds magical. Is she looking for another sweet little baby girl to visit during the week?