

The past two weeks I have been obsessed with reading the blog of a women who's 14 month old baby passed away last month. Maddie from http://www.thesphorsaremultiplying.com/ has haunted me day and night. Each time I got to her blog I feel like my heart is dropping through a trapdoor. I cry, mourn, and go hug and kiss my baby extra hard. Her mother was in love with her the same way I am in love with Chloe. And the way every Mother on earth loves their child. Primal.
This week Chloe's usual lovely demeanor started changing to fussy, feverish and foul. We soon found she had an ear infection in both ears. We started her on antibiotics and by day 3 she was better except for a croupy cough and runny nose.
My parents gave us their blessings to go away for the night to the Hidden Valley Eco Lodge in Kalamunda, near the Perth Hills. It was fab. Hammocks, jacuzzi, farmers markets, wineries and rest. Around 6 in the evening we called to check on everyone and the phone rang until the answering machine picked up. Waited 1/2 hour. Called again. No answer. Called desperatly until 8:00 pm. Long after Chloe's bedtime. Fearing the worst, we made the decision to jump into the car and drive the 45 minutes through the country and hills home to check on things. We called everyone we know that lives withen a few miles of our house (not many people at this point) and NO ONE answered. My heart was beating so fast. Praying...praying...praying. Silence. Worry. Fear. Thinking of Maddie's mommy. We even called hospitals.
We pulled in and ran to the door. Locked. Banged on the door until a very startled Vicky and Bob answered.
"WE HAVE BEEN CALLING FOR 2 AND A HALF HOURS"
Ooops. Phone was slightly off the hook.
OMG. Thank you God.
We looked in at our girl for an extra long time and I literally had to push Marc back to the car. I was all smiles and full of thanks on the way back to the lodge.
WE were the lucky ones.




5 comments:
Kimberly...I know exactly what you mean!!! What a sweet post. I am glad you guys got your night away and I hope Sweet Chloe is 100% better now. Love you guys so much!
Sorry I missed your middle of the night call. It was noney-noney time and when I got to my phone & saw it was you who had called, I immediately checked my world clock! I was so scared until I got your message. Sorry I missed the call.
Love you!!! Talk very soon.
I'm going to go and visit Maddi's site.
What a fright! I'm glad all was ok.
I want to read Maddi's blog but when I click on your link it goes to a cigarette website...hmmmm.
We are blessed! We miss you guys. Olivia was looking at the pictures with me and she remembered Chloe came over and played with her little kitchen. We have to talk soon. I hope once you got back to your destination you relaxed!
I also went to read the blog and ended up with cigarettes! I decided it was because I really shouldn't be reading it. I would bawl for hours. We really are lucky. I don't know if you remember when Eva was 6 months old we received a devastating diagnosis and prognosis. I can not put into words how that felt. And for it to all have turned out OK I give my everlasting thanks. Life can change in an instant. Hug tightly, Love unconditionally, Kiss passionately, Live, just live.
Post a Comment