The day before we left for our Easter weekend trip to Melbourne and the Great Ocean Road Chloe was sent home from daycare with a high fever, vomiting and cough. We went straight to the doctor and waited 1.5 hours to be seen. That night she still had fever and my hopes for a relaxing trip were going out the window fast.
The next day I gave her medicine before the flight and then packed away the bottle in our check in luggage because usually we fly international and you can't take liquids on the plane. Little did I know domestic flights are fine with liquid and her fever spiked mid flight. Without me asking the flight attendant asked all the moms on board if they had Panadol (Tylonal) but no one had any. I have never seen her so sick and people around us were even asking us if she was alright. She was super out of it.
As soon as we landed I gave her Panadol and she was much better and slept most of the drive to the GOR. The next day she was back to her old self....fewwwwww!
We stayed at a little cottage near world famous surf spot Bells Beach. The Rip Curl World Surf Championship was going on and it was fun to watch (for an hour or so). We saw Kelly Slater win his heat. (He's puuuurty good I hear). The waves were absolutely amazing. HUMONGO!
My little surf chick finally feeling a bit better.
Bells Beach is the beach where Bodie from Point Break "took a wave and never came back."
After a fantastic nap by all three of us, we headed down the beautiful Great Ocean Road. GOR is some seriously stunning scenery that stretches from Melbourne to Adelaide. I love this lighthouse but a certain someone had to be five to go to the top. Laura C., I thought of you so much- Lighthouses always remind me of our trips to Maine and the lighthouse with ya'll in Margaret River. :) Of course we just did a couple hundred kilometers of it and that was just a fraction but we saw enough to be left in awe.
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment