At the beginning of May (still catching up!) we headed to the Perth Hills for our third annual visit to the Wine and Food Festival. This year we opted to stay at a Farm Stay (a popular family mini vacation in Australia is to stay on a farm and take part in the daily feedings of the animals).
We woke up to a chilly and wet morning and made our way to one of the dams in the area. We explained to Chloe how the "Damn Dam" worked. Ben screamed all the way to that "damn dam!"...hence the name.
But he was much happier when he got out of the car! Lots of snuggles and cuddles!
It rained on and off throughout the day but we stopped for a coffee and a snack in the cute town of Kalamunda and climbed aboard the steam train for a poke around.
Many of the wineries and local businesses in the area had special things going on during the weekend. Our favorite apple orchard was back open for business! Yummy hot cider, apple pie, burgers, face painting, a sand box full of toys for the kids...so much fun!
This face art took about 45 minutes to do. Chloe was still the entire time but I was jumping out of my skin! Pretty though...
Ben's first apple!
Fall, a harvest festival, fires in the fireplace, the approach of winter...all in MAY in Australia!
At one of the wineries there was a scarecrow competition. I heard Marc yelling "Kimberly!!!" but he wasn't looking at me. He was looking at my scarecrow doppelganger! OMG it was funny!
And Chloe found her scarecrow twin as well.
Such a fun day! More on our weekend Harvest Festival later!
Tuesday, July 3, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










1 comments:
I love catching up on your blog and I love your doppelgänger!! Chloe is beyond beautiful. I love y'all.
Post a Comment