Monday, September 26, 2011

Showered With Love

 A couple weeks ago, Robin and I were the blessed recipients of a wonderful baby shower thrown by Jenn and the rest of my Mum's Group!  It was such a fun and special time for us to be surrounded by friends and celebrate the upcoming births. Speaking of...Robin's baby was due 6 days before me and she gave birth to a baby boy 4 days ago! Yikes!!!!
 I love these girls so much. My sisters and lifelines here in Australia!
 Jenn, the hostess with the mostess!
 Our cakes said "Pink or Blue, We Can't Wait to Meet You." So cute! Poor girls had to throw a baby shower for two girls, on their second babies, with unknown genders. Quite the challenge!  They did a fantastic job. I was so thankful to get stocked up on some newborn size nappies and wipes!  They cost double the price here in Oz!
 Seriously delicious chocolate and vanilla cakes. Yuuummmmmmy!
 Pressie time!  Chloe had so much fun helping me unpack and organize all the gifts. She loved her new books and coloring book from Robin and PJ's from Leanne. I don't think I ever thought about the importance of recognizing the older sibling when a friend's new baby comes but I will never, ever forget again. 
Secretly my favorite part of the shower! Popcorn chicken from KFC!  There is a scene in a Sex in the City episode where Miranda just wants fried chicken at her baby shower. I had been joking about it and my girls took me seriously!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

I love it and you look BEAUTIFUL!! I can not wait to hear all about this new baby!!! So excited for you.

MLP said...

You are GORGEOUS, Kimberly MO!!!!!!!!!!! Love that your sweet friends showered you so deservingly!!! Wish I could do the same (in person). Love you so much!!!

voip services said...

I love it and you look BEAUTIFUL!!