On April 27th Chloe turned FIVE! Five is pretty big news around here.
Five is time to tie your own shoes, ride a bike without training wheels, sit in a big girl car seat, go to 'drop off' birthday parties.... I don't know if this mama is ready for it all!
Chloe and Imogene had a joint birthday party this year because they have birthdays a couple weeks apart and Imogene was getting ready to move to Houston. It was fun (and easier!) to get to share it with someone special!
The girls chose to have a HI 5 Movie and donuts party. The movie wasn't too great but the girls loved being almost the only ones in the theatre. We invited both of the PrePrimary classes at Chloe and Imogene's school so there was A LOT of fun and running around (oops) by the end of the movie.
Oh my Sweet Chloe! I can't believe you came into my life five years ago! You are so beautiful inside and out. You still LOVE your little brother, Ben, and try hard to tolerate his crazy ways. Even when he pulls your hair and messes up your toys you have patients with him. You draw pictures of you and Ben every day and sing songs about how much you love him 'more than Spring.'
You are just now beginning to read and making slow but steady progress. I hope you love to read your whole life long! You have settled into school but you still don't like saying goodbye in the morning. You dread the days when I have to do "kiss and bye" in the car lane and hate it when I make you order your lunch from school (much to my dismay).
Chloe, you are so much like me when I was a child. Probably a bit more confident but still shy and timid in certain environments and most comfortable around people you have known for a long time. You love having babysitters and getting attention from 'big girls." You aren't very sporty (sorry, my fault) and always ask me if it's Sports Day at school. You do love art and sit at your special art table at home for long periods of time. You love to dress up, play with your barbies, dollies and My Little Ponies the best. Oh, you really like when we can pretend you are a baby. Hmmm.
My favorite is when you come in bed in the morning on a cold day and give me snuggles, and when we snuggle up to watch a movie when Ben is napping.
I love you, Chloe. You will always be my baby girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comments:
5! They are growing so fast. I can remember when I came over right after she was born. She sounds so much like Olivia. I would love to be able to chat with you sometime.
Post a Comment