Friday, June 14, 2013

Stunning Sarah

 Oh my goodness...I am so blessed to call Sarah my friend.
I met Sarah soon after she moved to Perth from Brazil, 30+ weeks pregnant with her second baby.  We had been friends through friends for awhile but then I moved around the corner from her and things got really FUN!
 Sarah has two cutie boys and a darling husband!  They were a two minute walk from our house for the past year and I loved every minute of it!
Of course all good things must end and Sarah's family left Perth for Singapore a few weeks ago. And I'm sad. It never ever gets easier when close friends move away in this crazy ex-pat life.
 Thank you, Sarah, for searching online every day for houses for me when I found out we had to move within 60 days while in Hawaii.  It was fate that I found a house so close! Thank you for introducing me to your circle of sweet friends that I now know and love.  You are such a joy to be around and are so good about making people feel welcome.  I think you know EVERYONE in Perth!
 Thank you, Hot Mama, for teaching me to stand up paddle board, for teaching me how to finally make black beans, and for getting me to Zumba!!!!!  Lauren and I love to call you our Bravest Friend! You are...you go to the beach with your boys by yourself (I'm totally not there yet!!), drive with them across Western Australia (it's a dang big state!), and allow your 4 year old to swim with whale sharks!!!!! (not judging...just in awe!)

 I just love you.  Thanks for always being there with a bottle of wine when days are hard, thanks for feeding my kids weekly, and I love feeding yours...even though Luke hates my peas!
 And don't get me started on your boys.  I am so thankful that Chloe got to play with Luke so much and had a fun, healthy, and true relationship with a gentle, loving and COOL dude like him.  I have no idea why I can't find a picture of James right now but you know I'm thankful for his sweetness and also his roughness...so I wasn't mortified when Ben followed close behind with smacking and hair pulling!
 It's so hard saying goodbye to you. But we had a great night (nights!) out to celebrate.  Thank you for introducing me to Bible Study and those incredible women.  Thank you for being an example of a family of faith and prayer. You all truly trust God's plan for your life and follow it faithfully.
 Thank you for our all of our walk/runs, after school park playing, Tiger Tots times, and spontaneous dinners.


I know that I will see you again very soon (2 months, baby!!!!) but until then know that you are loved all over the world and Singapore is so lucky to have you!

0 comments: