Sunday, October 25, 2009

Around the World and Back Again
















I know...I know. I have been awful at blogging this month. But I have an excuse. A week visit from Gramma followed by two weeks in Houston and then almost a week's visit from Laura.

I've flown a long way...and boy are my arms TIRED!

Hee hee. No... my everything is tired. It was a long, hard trip and sweet Chloe did very well. As well as could be expected but we are really having a hard time with the jet lag. It lasted for about a week in Houston (and then she got sick) and we are going on 6 nights of wakings, crying, etc etc. on this end. I've heard this is normal but it seems never ending.

I will have to spend the next week or so catching up on blogs and posting my adventures. Tomorrow morning is the first time in five weeks that it will just be Chloe and I at home by ourselves without company or being in a different place. I am ready for normalcy but at the same time there just seems like there is a whole in my heart from saying goodbye 'again' to so many loved ones.

Here are some highlights of Laura's trip back with us to Perth this last week. I couldn't ask for a better travel companion and friend. Thank you Sweet L!

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

Jet lag really can be terrible. I had a terrible week when I came back to Europe from the states getting over it. And it is always hard to say goodbye again. Glad you've had such fun and that Chloe is a good little traveler. What is that animal? Love it!

MLP said...

AHHHHHHHHHHH...seeing these pictures of you and Sweet L just warm my heart!!! I love you girls so much!

Bummed I missed your call...I didn't get it until the next morning because it was on my cell phone. Let's talk soon, my love!

Leslie said...

So fun! I've been dying to see pics from the big trip. Thanks for posting!

Paola said...

happy you made it back home :-) you will have to give me pointers next time we travel!