The BEST thing about going to see Santa in the upside-down land of Oz is........ NO LINES!
That's right! 4:00pm on a Saturday in December at a major department store and we walked right in. How about that?! I am used to a 45 minute wait at the Galleria and a rushed and probably teary-eyed toddler visit to see the Big Man. We all went into Santa's private room and had a nice long chat before I sat Chloe next to him (all the while still holding her hand). We had talked about Santa, read books, looked at pictures, watched videos and practiced "Ho Ho Hoing" enough that I think she was pretty into actually seeing him. Luckily they had some Sesame Street dolls sitting around and Marc grabbed one and waved it behind the camera so we got a good smile out of her. Pretty impressive for a 19 month old I have to admit!
I will post the Santa pics when we upload them from the disk that we bought but in the meantime...here are pictures of the train ride that she took after her visit. Yes, as an added surprise the kiddos got to go into a special area with a "choo choo", Christmas videos, giant tree, slide and play area. Chloe was just tall enough to go on the train by herself and I felt like I was sending her off to kindergarten as I watched it pull away. I would run around to different points to wave and call to her so she wouldn't be scared but she did so great. She only started to cry when it was over! Oh my little girl is growing up and I just want to freeze time! Someone please remind me that it really does keep getting better and better... cause it's pretty darn good right now!+011.jpg)
+011.jpg)
+016.jpg)



5 comments:
It does get better and better...but there is nothing like each and every stage. So treasure every second!!! I know you are!
Love the pictures and can't wait to see the Santa one. Chloe looks beautiful in her Christmas dress. I love it!!!
How fun! She is growing into a beautiful little girl. Hope y'all are doing well.
dear mo, the picture of chloe in front of the christmas tree is sooo precious. my new years wish is for time to stop or at least slow down! love mom
I love the pictures! So, I guess Australians don't take pics with Santa??? i glad that all went well with your Santa pic. my girls cried and cried . . . not as much fun!
Oh yes... better and better. I simply LOVE the 3-4 age for little girls. But I agree with Mindy, every stage is amazing. I am so thrilled to see all the little girl stuff again as El is quite the cool tween now.
Post a Comment