Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Not another BIRD post!

Watch out! They can strike at anytime!

That's right...I'm talking about YOU!

So Spring has sprung and with it, a whole new batch of bird attacks. I apologize in advance to all the bird lovers out there. I've been getting the 'stink eye' from an older neighbor on my street ever since I told her about my disdain for the local crows. She said they were "delightful." I know I should have more tolerance and respect for our feathered friends but I can now safely say they are my least favorite part of life in Australia.
Bird attack #1: Sitting at an outdoor cafe eating breakfast with a couple friends... we didn't notice the flock perched in the trees above us. First shot landed on my friend's hat and back. Second shot went directly into her fresh squeeze O.J. Not cool.
Bird attack #2: Chloe and I were at a park. I was pushing her on the swing and she was wearing a pair of shiny pink shoes. A HUGE BLACK CROW swooped down and suspended himself between the chains of her swing long enough to flap his wings and feet in her hair and against the chains about three times. I think he liked the shiny on her shoes. Bad Mommy dove to the side all the while leaving darling daughter strapped in the swing.
Bird attack #3 ...ongoing battle with two magpies who like to fly into our window and front door every day at 8:30 am and noonish for about 15 minutes a shot. It is extremely disturbing for Chloe and me! They really do scare Chloe and make me want to pack up and move. I've tried decoys..balloons, strollers, etc, etc. Nothing seems to help. Gross.
It's starting to feel like Dr. Dolittle around here.



3 comments:

Kelly said...

What happened to hanging CD's?

Jenn said...

Too funny!
Adi didn't believe me when I told him I had just been attacked by a bird as I was walking the dogs one recent morning . That darn thing chased me down the street, diving at my head the whole way! I need to tell him to read this post so he doesn't think I'm cuckoo (pun intended).

Mom said...

the bird antics are hilarious! it reminds me of the time mary pat and i were in austin having dinner with anj and brent and i bird pooped in her hair. when i went to clean off he poop so much of her hair came off with it. the four of us were just laughing hysterically! i wish i could suggest something that would help, but the only problems we have with birds around here are the peacocks that will stand in back of your care as you are trying to back out of the driveway! it really makes me sad that chloe is frightened by those birds. somehow you have to make some kind of crazy game out of it, good luck honey!