Thursday, June 23, 2011

Minty #2

First of all, thank you so much for all your fun comments on the blog, email and Facebook.  Show a little bump and you hear from all your pals!  I LOVE reading my friends (and some strangers) blogs and need to remember to comment more because it does mean so much...especially when you are so far from home.

 So to answer some questions....I am due in mid October.  Chloe insists she is going to be a big sister to a baby girl but in reality we have no idea...and don't want to know. 
When I was pregnant with Chloe I assumed we would find out the sex (because that is what most people do in America).  I pictured a girly, frilly, PINK nursery or a sporty, adorable BLUE one. But NOOOOOO...Marc was very vocal  that he wanted it to be a surprise. So like the good wifey that I am, I went along with it and painted the nursery YELLOW! The crib was a gender neutral light blue and my baby showers were filled with green and yellow gifts.  My bestie Mindy and the rest of the college girls quickly dubbed my little one Minty Hyndman. (Because they were so annoyed with not knowing the gender and vowed only to buy the baby girl/boy mint green clothes. 
In the end, it was so much fun not knowing. I understand that it is a surprise WHENEVER you find out the sex but for us...this was so fun! And don't worry, we quickly girlified (just made that one up!) the nursery. Needless to say....I am on board 100% this time and Minty #2 is coming soon!
(Will this little Aussie baby be a Shelia or a Joey??? Anyone want to take a guess??)

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Sheila!

Amy said...

i forgot about minty! yes, i think it is going to be a girl... which would be so fun for chloe to have a sister. then you will just have to have a 3rd to have a boy!

MLP said...

Oh my Goodness...the pressure! I'm just to so sure. I kinda see you with a little rough and tumble blond baby boy?!? The good thing is you can't go wrong either way! Minty #2 will be perfect no matter what!!! Maybe I liked Minty because it's so close to Mindy?!? ;)))

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO over the top to outfit the BIG SISTER!!!!!!!!!!!!! That put an extra skip in my step! :)))

Love you dearly!!!

Kelly said...

I want it to be a sheila (because I know how awesome two girls can be). But I think it is a Joey. We waited to find out with El... it is fun to wait! However, we found out early with Eva. Being prego at 41 was enough of a surprise:) !

Alison said...

Boy or girl? What could it be? A blessing that's for sure. You look adorable. Keep posting the sweet bump!