Wednesday, January 4, 2012

7 Years at the Carols by Candlelight

 On December 18th, Marc and I celebrated our seven year wedding anniversary!  The night fell on our very favorite Christmas activity...The St Philips Carols by Candlelight.  It was our third year to go and it is such a festive and fun time for everyone. We did have the foresight to get a babysitter for Ben as he would not have lasted long and I wanted everyone to be relaxed.
I don't think these two monkeys are ever "relaxed" when they are together, but they sure did have a good time.  They wore their matching dresses from last Christmas and were double trouble once it got dark and they were hard to find.
It was so special to have a night with my big girl. I know I haven't been able to give her near as much individual attention lately but she is doing very well with the changes.

It was great to share the evening with friends from church, playgroup and around town.  We are getting pretty good at Aussie picnicking. Much improved from the first year when we didn't even bring wine!
 I love this picture.  By seeing it in the moment was just magical.  Chloe was dying to get onto the stage but after I told her "no" for the tenth time, she wandered up to the front and looked up at the angel for so long.  Such innocence. Sweet sweet sweet.
After sunset, everyone waved their torches around and it was beautiful against the backdrop of the Indian Ocean and Cottesloe pine trees.  Even though it is the middle of summer here, it truly felt like Christmas.

1 comments:

Ruby and Matt said...

awesome pic with chloe at the stage! we were planning on going but elliott was fussy. where down south did y'all go?