Sunday, January 29, 2012
THREE more sleeps until....
KINDY!!!!
And I am a bundle of nerves! Kindy is a non-mandatory program for three and four year olds. Most everyone goes to Kindy though...some for two half days a week and some up to five full days a week...depending on the school. Chloe will go to a small, private school that is walking distance from our house..so that is nice. She will go 3 days a week from 9-3 and she still has a day of nursery (daycare) as well...but we may drop that if it is too much for her.
I think she is ready and excited. Saying that...she has been quite clingy lately and follows me saying "Mommy, I want a huggie." (not a diaper!) at least 5 times a day. She is also doing this weird face when she is nervous or apprehensive about something where she sticks out her bottom row of teeth...hmmm. Maybe it has nothing to do with starting "real" school but the timing is uncanny.
She has a new backpack, lunchbox, morning tea (snack) bag, library bag, rest time pillow, school supplies and extra clothes all set out to go. I am secretly dreading packing lunch and morning tea each day. Especially when she has a nut/egg allergy child in her classroom.Telling an American not to pack a PB&J sandwich is just wrong! At least she likes Vegemite!
Today at church I sent up some extra big prayers for some special friendships, nurturing teachers and confidence in her new environment. I CANNOT believe that my baby is about to embark on this new adventure. Fingers crossed....
Posted by Kimberly at 5:31 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
More than fingers crossed...Auntie M will be praying!!!! Love y'all:)
Oh, she's going to love it! I can't wait to see her all dressed in her uniform and big backpack. All the first year kids have new backpacks, shoes, etc. It's adorable. Get yourself a chalkboard for those first day of school photos. I can't wait!
She will love it! It may be an adjustment (for you both) but she will make great friends and learn a ton! But it is bittersweet. Such a milestone!
Post a Comment