
On Saturday Marc, Chloe, and I met Jamie and her husband Tyler for lunch in Rice Village. The last time I saw sweet Jamie was at her wedding and now she has two kiddos of her own. She lives in Austin now. Jamie is my "bunny." Yes, that's right..my bunny! When we taught at Poe together years ago, she taught 4th grade and I taught 1st. One day I was telling my class that we were going to get our "4th grade reading buddies." I explained that we would do all kinds of wonderful thing with our buddies..reading, writing, projects, parties.... One of my little girls raised her hand and asked "what color are our BUNNIES?" Oh my! Poor thing! I had to let her down easy that we were not getting bunnies, but buddies! Ever since then Jamie and I refer to eachother as "bunny" and it was SO GOOD to see this bunny of mine. Jamie and I spent some wild times together in our younger years and reading buddies always took place on Fridays after some late nights out. We were so sad that we wouldn't see each other for a long while after I move to Oz but quickly reminded ourselves that we haven't seen eachother in 5 years! Oh BUNNY!




0 comments:
Post a Comment