Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A New Park and A New Friend


Today was a really nice day! To begin with, for the first time in months, Chloe slept until after 7am. In fact, I kind of had to wake her so she could get her morning nap in before our plans for the day. It was luxury to actually be in bed while the sun was coming up!

So after nap, a Scottish girl named Emma came over with her 11 month old daughter. I had been emailing her about the Ex-Pat play group and she asked if she could take me and Chloe for coffee. We walked to a nearby park and coffee shop that I didn't know about. It was on the edge of the Swan River, next to a marina. The babies played and ate their lunches and we had a very nice chat.

Chloe was pooped afterwards and had a nap...and so did I! Marc got home around 6:00 and while that isn't exactly late, I wish it was earlier. He loves taking the train to work and back but it does take him about an hour each way. We had to walk to a grocery store for some provisions and now we are making some pasta for a late dinner.

Tomorrow we are going with Susan to the playgroup. These people are nuts about playgroups. You could probably join a new one each day. We are going to rent a car on Thursday for the long weekend so I look forward to exploring and maybe even driving on the OTHER side of the road! Lord help us all!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Clear the roads!! I am loving these posts. Thanks so much! So glad you are meeting people already and having a blast. Praying for you!!!

MLP said...

I am so proud of you and for you! Like I knew you would, you are ABSOLUTELY SHINING in Perth!!!

Love and prayers!!!

paige e said...

Yay! More people in the world are getting to experience the wonderfulness of Kimmie. Lucky folks! Be careful out there, missy. Much love and many prayers.