
Last night's Tex Mex dinner was yummy and fun! A girl I met at the park took me to the dinner and the girls there were very eager to meet and talk to each other. Some had been in Perth for up to five years. I think I was the "new girl." The food was fantastic..enchiladas, beans, spicy rice, and queso made with Cheese Whizz. That was crazy.... but beggers can't be choosers so it hit the spot. I hope the Velveeta and Rotel that I hid in our sea crate makes it here soon!
Today my friend Debra took Chloe and I to a cafe for lunch and a walk along Cottesloe beach. They are having a modern art sculpture display this month and it is wild! I'll send pics soon.
Guess what! We found a house! It is really fabulous...4 bedrooms, 3 bathroom (plenty of space for visitors..more hint, hints...) 2 living areas and a huge outdoor living space. The builder who redid the house even made a detached playroom with AC. We can move in three weeks from now and Chevron will rent furniture for us until our stuff comes. It is one story and with no pool...those two traits were important to us. It is really close to the train station that Marc takes to work (hopefully not TOO close) and walking distance to a couple great parks and THE COTTESLOE BEACH! Woo hoooooo! I am so excited that the house hunt is over and now I can concentrate on more important things like...driving! Chevron will pay for 1.5 hours of driving school and I am doing mine on Sunday. I feel like i'm 16 again!




7 comments:
Love the report on the queso. I was wondering about that! That is hilarious!!!
Great news about the house too! SO COOL! I will get Bo on that visit asap!
So glad to talk to you the other day. I loved hearing your voice. Miss you and love you!
The two most beautiful girls in Perth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So excited about the house and the real queso arriving soon!
I love you, my friend! Can't wait to talky talk again.
Wow!!! What a fun update. Sounds like you are adjusting wonderfully and that is great news about the house!!! Lord help your fellow Perthians (is that what you all are called??) when you hit the road!!
Get that guest room ready!!!!
Love you!
Ahh real Velveeta Queso, the lifeblood of all true Tex-Pats (I just invented that term, BTW)... Keep the faith, Kim, don't be converted to those strange Cheese Whiz loving ways.....
Love the queso pic! So glad yall found a house...sounds nice.
dear mo, i love the queso mustache that chloe is wearing and wish i could be there to kiss it off of her! we are so excited about your house and look forward to staying in the hyndman luxury haus! kisses and hugs for everyone, love mom
Post a Comment