Monday, March 16, 2009

It's All Fun and Games until Someone Gets their Eyes Poked Out!

Today nothing much was on the calender for Chloe and I s0 we had a nice little afternoon exploring the nearby suburbs and shops. We checked out an outdoor furniture store, went to the Claremont library, and ended our afternoon picnicking by the marina. Chloe loves animals so I thought I would throw a piece of a potato chip at some seagulls to catch their attention and have them wander over more towards us.
Mere seconds later we were surrounded by squawking and screaming birds almost as big as Chloe with three inch beaks! These guys were demanding and getting closer and closer! They only stopped about a foot and a half away from us. I think Chloe can say "uh oh" now because that is all I was saying for about 10 minutes.
I didn't get any pictures of the "bad birds" in fear of letting my guard down to grab the camera and getting attacked.
Luckily we made it out in one piece but I will NEVER feed the birds again.
Uh Oh!!!!!

Here is a picture of some beautiful yet potentially eye pecking birds that we saw at the beach parking lot. They stayed safely in their tree!

5 comments:

Mandy said...

Oh, that makes me laugh really hard. Not that you almost got attacked by crazy birds, but just thinking about your running around in circles at the marina in San Fran with a bee on your shoulder. I can only imagine what this scene looked like as you were scaring birds away from your precious daughter! LOVE YOU!

MLP said...

I love it!!! Oh Kimberly Mo...I am missing you!

Your beautiful little blonde bombshell on the beach melts my heart!!!

Kelly said...

I love the whale spout hairdo! That was Eva's style of choice at about the same age:) Don't you just gaze at her and wonder at how you were so lucky to get such a perfect child? Miss you! I will be seeing Anna Hillboldt in a couple days for the first time since she left!!! Take care, Kelly

Amy said...

oh no... i can just picture that happening. i am glad no one was hurt. chloe is so darling... i can't believe she will be 1 soon... what a big girl. miss and love!

Jenn said...

Never let your guard down around birds! Have I taught you nothing?!