Luckily being married to a Brit gave me a head start but there are just some things that take some getting use to here in Oz. Rubbish is "trash." And prams, dummies, and nappies are all baby items. My friend Kathy made a good point when I chuckled at her for saying "get in your pram" to her two year old twins. She said that her children would be growing up here and they will need to talk to be understood by others. When in Rome....
Barbies are really big here and it never ceases to amaze us to find a nice clean gas grill in each and every park around town. And even in the middle of no where like this past weekend at remote Kangaroo Point.
+188.jpg)
Blokes are boys. Sheilas are girls. I still need to watch Sheila, Princess of the Desert. Aussies say "ta" instead of "thanks." Chloe is not allowed to. My least favorite Oz expression is "how ya goin" for "how are you." I never know quite how to answer. The worst is when you here an American say it. I do find myself saying "mobile phone" and "tomato sauce" for ketchup. And I do mean "mobile" as in T-MobIle and "tomato" as in you say tomato I say tomato.
+027.jpg)
+026.jpg)
+026.jpg)



3 comments:
I am so confused! So is Troy Don!!! heeeeeeeeee heeeeeeeeeee!
I checked our Old Navy for matching dresses...no such luck. Long goners.
maybe 'how ya going' is like our 'how ya doin'? just a thought...
Heard in the Aussie Hood~
YoYoYo sheila! How goin'?
Dam sheila.. lost my mo-pho!
Oh no bloke, serious bloke? or you just full of rubbish talk?
just sayin'...
Post a Comment