Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Singapore!

Last weekend, I was lucky enough to have a girl's weekend with my friend Sian to Singapore! Yep, Marc was Mr. Mom from Wednesday night until Sunday night and I luuuuuved every minute of it! I did miss my baby girl fiercely but it was a good kind of miss...It was the first time I had been away from Chloe for more than a night and I did feel like a part of me was missing. I thought about her all the time and wondered what she would think and do in my new surroundings. Turns out she had a great time with Dad, complete with trips to the beach, a birthday party, dinner with the neighbors, and even an afternoon with a babysitter so Marc could get his bike ride in...hmmmm...

We took the red eye and got in at 5 in the morning. Our room was ready and we immediately went straight to sleep for a few hours and woke semi-rested. We spent the day wandering down Orchard Street, a famous street filled with malls full of every store imaginable. It was pretty overwhelming coming from Perth's nonexistent shopping. The styles are so 80's right now and Sian and I just weren't feeling the love. This did not stop us from leaving with a dozen new pairs of shoes between the two of us. OOps. I had my first Starbucks in over six months and it was divine.
That first night we visited the Night Safari and saw wild animals of Asia in a natural setting from a tram and on foot. It was great but flash was not allowed so we couldn't take any pictures.
The next morning we slept until 9:45 (glorious) and had a yummy Ritz Carlton breakfast buffet. We headed to the Singapore Flyer. The wheel is the biggest in the world and tops the London Eye by 30 meters. It was cloudy and rainy but the view was wonderful still. You could see into Thailand and Malaysia from the top.

The cheesy pictures are compliments of our new friend Sylvester. He was a South African guy in our wheel car that was absolutely hilarious and insisted that we "strike a pose" if he was to take our pictures.
Singapore was the absolute opposite of Perth in many ways: lots of traffic, little space, tall high rises, great service, abundant restaurants, shopping galore.... A lot of my friends have lived here in the past and I tried to picture living here with my own family. I went back and forth throughout the visit and am still undecided about how it would be to actually live there...but it was a fantastic trip!
More highlights coming soon....





6 comments:

Mandy said...

So glad you had fun! You deserve a break sister!! You look adorable as always...hottie!

Carolyn said...

Fun! Cute dress. Nice hubby!
- Art is doing a Postdoctorate in Biomedical Engineering. His research is a lot on arteries...and that's about the extent to which I can explain it!

Kelly said...

So fun! I keep saying I am going to do a girls weekend but have YET to follow through. You are my inspiration:)

Alison said...

Good for you! Time away is a much needed pleasure for us moms. Sounds like you had a good time.

Paola said...

sounds like a gloriuos time! cute dress - you look great!

Amy said...

oh wow, looks great! how far is it? you look very snazzy in your cute dress!