Thursday, July 16, 2009

Together Again



For the past seven days (and nights!) Marc has been away in Bangkok on a training course. When we first moved to Perth their was a possibility he was going to have to go out of the country for business and the thought terrified me to the core. Marc has not had to do any kind of traveling since Chloe has been born. I couldn't drive here, didn't know my way around, and had a total of two people on the continent that I knew. Thanks to my GPS Tom Tom, an hour of driving school, and playgroups, clubs, neighbors and just genuine good peeps...I am now self -sufficient enough to have hubby out of town.

I have to admit I was kind of nervous but it ended up being just fine. Some aspects were quite good...didn't do much cooking, the house stayed cleaner, and best of all....NO TOUR DE FRANCE at night! Woooo hoooooooo!

But Chloe and I did miss "Dad" very much. Chloe would find the phone and say "Dad, Dad, Dad, Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!" to the quiet on the other end of the phone.

They say... Absence makes the heart grow fonder, and that it did.

6 comments:

MLP said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH...I love and miss you guys!

Kelly said...

Oh yes... I love the no cooking part of Daddy's travel. I was home alone a lot for El's first 8 months. Are you here is October? ~k

Mimi said...

LOVE this picture of the three of you. It is so good!!! So glad you did well. I knew you would. It is so hard however! Rest up and go get a massage!

paige e said...

Y'all are so stinkin' cute. I MISS YOU!!!!

Paola said...

I am so happy to hear that you guys have transitioned so well!! Go Kim!

Laura said...

Yeah Kimberly! You need Chloe on video so we can hear her hollering for her Dad!