Friday, February 26, 2010

Friends, the Sea, Happy Birthday to Me!













Since my bestie, Mindy, says you should always celebrate your birthday for a whole week..I took her advice and partied hard, therefore only a week later having time to sit down and write about it. Well, maybe I wasn't exactly partying ALL week but I sure did have a great day!!
Not to be shy about my big day, I organized a breakfast at a lovely restaurant on the beach. On Thursdays most of my friend's children are at daycare or school so this was strategically planned. About ten of us met and had a long, relaxing "brekkie." Afterwards, half the group continued down to the beach, found a shady cabana, and spent the next few hours reading gossip magazines, munching on snacks, and wading leisurely in the ocean. IT WAS BLISS! BLISS!!
Later, after I picked up Chloe and Marc came home, we went back to the beach for a sunset fish n chips picnic.
It was on February 18th of last year that we landed in Perth. A year later I was surrounded by a group of girls that mean the world to me and a hubby and little girl that I love with all my heart. That is the best present I could ever hope for!

6 comments:

Mandy said...

I am so glad that you had a good birthday!!! Bo and I were talking about your going away party this time last year and that you skipped your bday because you were on a plane! I am so thrilled a year later, you are happy and blessed!!! YAY! I do miss you being here, though!

Carolyn said...

Happiest Birthday! Glad you had good fun, friends and fam.

Paola said...

Happy happy birthday! Glad to hear that you enjoyed it!

Kelly said...

You look just like you did when you walked into Poe! You must share your youthful secrets:)

MLP said...

So this was the "brekkie" you were at while I was trying to call my bestie on her birthday!!!!!!!!!!

Love you Kimberly Mo and I am so happy for you. I miss you so much and can't wait to catch up. You are always in my mind and heart!!!

Alison said...

Happy Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a great day. You deserve it!