For some reason, people in Aussieland don't really get to into holidays. No little Valentine cards at the stores, no $5 heart shirts at Target with hearts on them, no..nada..nothing.
I made little pink mugs filled with chocolates and pink ribbons around them for Chloe's daycare teachers. Chloe was wearing a pink shirt with a heart and "be mine" written on it. As she handed the present to the teacher, the teacher said "whatever is this for?"
Valentine's Day!!! It just cracks me up.
Well, leave it to Jennifer, a fellow ex-teacher, to host a wonderfully festive Valentine's Day fiesta for our little ex-pat playgroup. It was a good time had by all and it was so cute to see the kiddo's pass out their homemade cards to one another. We had red food (trying to get these kids to learn their colors), crafts and lots of chocolate! Wherever Americans may be found, we will find a way.....



2 comments:
I am going to be a way better auntie and send Chloe Bo a five dollar Target shirt next year!!! I always think of things for yall way too late. Love the party. You look gorgeous and Chloe is too adorable for words. I heart yall!!!
mo, the party looked fabulous, i kept wondering who the older blond hair blue eyed beautiful little girl was, oh my gosh, it mybaby chloe!
Post a Comment