Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Aquarium


Last Saturday was another cold, windy, rainy day in Perth so we headed to Hillarys to check out the Western Australia Aquarium. It was really cool. Luckily, "fish" is one of Chloe's words and she got to say it all morning!



She can also say "turtle." Smart girl.

Look at that croc! Did you know that this is how they sing Row Row Row Your Boat in Oz:


Row Row Row your boat

Gently down the stream

And if you see a CROCODILE

Don't forget to SCREAM!!!

AHHHHHH

Interesting, huh. Chloe does a little scream at the end of the song. It's pretty cute.

They had this awesome convayer belt that you stand on and it slowly takes you all the way through the underwater world of sharks, turtles, stingrays, and fish!

Family pic. (Marc just got a haircut and it looks like it is standing on end!)


Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh


It is whale season at the moment but we haven't gotten a chance to go whale watching. Maybe one day!

Jellyfish. There are very dangerous box jellyfish in Australia. Some beaches put up jellyfish nets so they can't penetrate the nets and hurt swimmers.
























3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Oooh..box jellyfish..are they the ones in that movie Seven Pounds with Will Smith? They will kill you on contact. Loving that you made your own greek wrap. I can't find hummus here, but maybe I can make some...haven't seen chickpeas either though. And yes, your blog made the graphic bc it was the first I ever really read!

Kelly said...

Looks like fun! Still hard to imagine that it is winter somewhere. Hot hot hot here! See you soon! ~k

MLP said...

I can't believe how big Chloe is getting...turning into a little girl!!! Where's my BABY Chloe?!? I love ya'll!

Cute family pic! I'll teach Walker the way to sing Row Row Row Your Boat!!! He'll love it!