Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Home Is Where You Hang Your Hat

While talking to a couple friends on the phone recently, they mentioned that they would love to be able to picture where I was while they were talking to me. So I thought I would take a couple snaps of our house so you would have a visual! I wish they were "staged" like those fancy houses that are on the market, but no...just managed to get a few pictures after the cleaner left and before Chloe could destroy it too much.

This is the outside. It is a 4 bedroom, two bath bungalow. The contractor who updated it last put this wall around it. Don't ask me why. Lots of houses here have walls. It's not a rough neighborhood...I promise!

Here is the view if you walk out our door and look left. The ocean is about a 20 minute walk away. You can see it above the treeline but not really in this pic.

Our bedroom. "Where all the magic happens." Hee hee. Kidding. They always say that on Cribs, though!

Our back patio complete with fountain...horribly big carp fish, crow decoy. You go down five stairs at the back of the patio and there is the "cat office" and a grassy yard.

Guest bathroom. Very exciting.

Chloe's room. Lovin the crib and rocking chair. Thanks Kelly!!!

Little reading nook and Marc's "music corner." Anyone remember we had a "music room" in Houston. Now a corner!

The living room, Chloe's belongings that have taken over the house, and one out of two of our crazy cats.
There is a great guest room! We keep the door closed so the cats don't go in it. It's waiting for YOU...come on Down!









2 comments:

MLP said...

AHHHHHHHHHHH...I love your home down under!!!

Missing you! Can't wait to see your beautiful face!!!

Paola said...

your home is lovely!