Friday, August 7, 2009

Skinny jeans!







Yesterday I pulled out a pair of size 2T jeans for Chloe to wear to playgroup. Oh, my poor little muffin top! We had to pull, yank, suck and tug to get those things up. And no amount of force could get them buttoned. It took about three minutes to pull them off.
I had to explain to little Chloe that it is just the first of countless pair of blue jeans that she will try on in dismay in this lifetime. It is every woman's right of passage...almost as depressing as bathing suit shopping. Finding that perfect pair of jeans is really tough. Aren't we lucky "the boyfriend jean" is on it's way in!
Sweet girl, I love you and your diaper bottom and lovely round tummy. You are perfect, my love.



10 comments:

Alison said...

That is so funny. Olivia could not wear the 2T until just now. Don't you love that baby fat and tummy. Great talking to you today!

Amy said...

that is too funny... we have the same problem over here. hope all is well down under. we miss you! can't wait for october.

Mandy said...

That is the funniest thing I have read in a long time! She is a precious, beautiful muffin top and I can't wait to see you both soon!!!!!

Carolyn said...

cute! too bad it's not cute on me!

Kelly said...

Thanks for the smile! I so remember my sister in high school tugging up the jeans inch by inch, laying flat on the bed, sucking it in, and having me help tug the zipper up!

Paola said...

hehe. I have to place Giuliana on her back to zip up her jean shorts. I have told her it is the first of many jean squeeze fits.

MLP said...

I think it's a great life lesson that she is learning early on! HA!

What a cutie patoooooooooooooty skinny jeans or not!!!

I love ya'll!

Sincerely, El said...

awwww she is adoreable

Laura said...

Don't worry, Claire had the same problem and still does. Jeans for little girls just aren't the same as they are for mommies. Don't even bother with them until she's 3 or 4! Stick with leggings and elastic waist! Love you, Chloe!!

Mom said...

my dearest mo,

i just finished viewing all your recent blogs and hope to finish these comments if i could just get rid of this terrible pain in my heart. i see all these wonderful pictures of chloe and your accompaning messages and i think to myself, THAT IS MY BABY TO AND I SHOULD BE THERE FOR ALL THE SPECIAL GOINGS ON! of course i will be there on sept 16th, but meanwhile my precious b aby chloe is growing up way to fast. i want her to know me and know how much i love her. I thank God everyday for this wonderful gift of life that He has blessed our family with. Looking at her with her little lambchope, trying on her too tight jeans,, a day at the acquariam, playing in her little tent, it is so hard not wanting to be right in the middle of it with you. my hormones must be doing something really crazy because i can't stop crying while i am writing you. so tell my baby chloe that gramma is on the way to shower her with hugs, a million kisses, and lots of playtime. i know i have it in me to easily regress to chloes age so we will just have a ball. I love you kimberly, chloes perfect mom! i hope the times flies until i see you all again, with all my love mom and grammahoesse